IP68 Proximity switches
It should nonetheless be pointed out that, for very exposed applications, the use of series 700L should be recommended. This is particularly true for applications involving extreme temperature changes. As opposed to series 700 devices, which are built into V2A (AISI 303) stainless-steel housings, the 700L sensors have been tested by ECOLAB and feature a food-safe and corrosion resistant housing of V4A (AISI 316L) as well as improved all-round imperviousness. The S700L devices therefore also offer improved long term resistance.
In any case, the imperviousness of the connector version is only guaranteed if the protection degree of the connection cable is equal to that of the device. For IP68 & IP69K applications, Contrinex offers metal (V4A /AISI 316L) connection cables (see the cable distribution catalogue)
· M12 – M30 cable and connector version: IP68 & IP69K
· Housing material: V2A (AISI 303)
· Cable: PUR
· All models; IP68 & IP69K (tested by Ecolab)
· Housing: V4A (AISI 316L)
· Cable: TPE-S
· Corrosion resistant and food safe
· Improved all-round imperviousness and long term resistance.