Monitoring Petrol on Forecourts
Powelectrics partners in Mauritius have successfully installed tank gauging solutions on petrol forecourts for Indian Oil. Extremely proud of their reputation for technological innovation, Indian Oil were committed to being the first Mauritian fuel retailer to benefit from a fully-integrated approach to logistics and stock management.
The solution was implemented via Powelectrics tier-one Partner, Naveo who not only brought local support and technical know how but also a well featured software solution that is able to combine both tank level monitoring and vehicle tracking.
Using the SPS series level sensors and the Metron2 sensor gateway readings are reported to the Naveo server every 10 minutes providing both Indian Oil and the forecourt operator visibility of both the current tank level readings as well as the historical information. The data is securely accessed via the internet so users can view wherever they are.
- Alarms identify when levels are low, eliminating run-outs.
- Deliveries are more efficiently made, based on need, not outlet requests.
- Deliveries are scheduled to minimise impact on retail activity.
- Periods of high and low demand are easily identified, allowing staff levels to be optimised.
- The timing and volume of delivery invoices can be verified.
- Leakage and theft can be identified and authorities alerted.
"The Powelectrics products are great to work with and the team have been very supportive. We are getting accurate, reliable data at an affordable price that suits our local market conditions. The project has gone really well and we are now working on getting more systems in operation both in Mauritius and East Africa." Bilal Nanhuck—Director, Naveo.