Powelectrics ‘Connected Sensor Solution’ Enables First Industry 4.0 Mauritian Fuel Retail Site
Powelectrics partner in Mauritius, Naveo provide IIoT fleet and asset management services in Africa. Their ‘Naveo One’ Platform offers “actionable data when your business needs it most”, including many m2m features such as tank level monitoring and vehicle tracking. Naveo enjoy a well-earned reputation for technological innovation, helping African businesses embrace the internet of things and harness its potential.
Naveo partnered with Powelectrics because they needed a connected sensor solution for the largest fuel retailer on the island, to help them achieve their objective to become the first Mauritian fuel retailer to benefit from a fully-integrated approach to logistics and stock management. Powelectrics award-winning Metron telemetry enabled Naveo to bring signals from level sensors in forecourt tanks into their platform.
Up to four tanks can be connected to each Metron2 device, minimising data costs. Devices have IP67 weatherproof enclosures, tested up to +65 °C, ensuring they perform robustly in African climates.
Data is sent every 10 minutes, via Powelectrics own MetronView platform and onwards, via a simple API, to the Naveo software. Data is processed and used to drive efficient stock control, delivery scheduling and management planning. Local fuel station operators and central management can view current and historical data and receive alarms via computers and smart devices.
Powelectrics SPS affordable hydrostatic level sensors offer good accuracy and long-term stability. These were simply lowered into existing tanks, with no need to empty them. ATEX SPS sensors were used for safety, due to the highly flammable nature of gasoline.
Bilal Nanhuck—Director, Naveo “The Powelectrics products are great to work with and the team have been very supportive. We are getting accurate, reliable data at an affordable price that suits our local market conditions. The project has gone really well and we are now working on getting more systems in operation both in Mauritius and East Africa.”
• Alarms identify when levels are low, eliminating run-outs.
• Deliveries are more efficiently made, based on need, not outlet requests.
• Deliveries are scheduled to minimise impact on retail activity.
• Periods of high and low demand are easily identified, allowing staff levels to be optimised.
• The timing and volume of delivery invoices can be verified.
• Leakage and theft can be identified and authorities alerted.
Powelectrics telemetry is used in a wide range of level monitoring and remote condition monitoring applications. Devices are compatible with thousands of sensors.
• Remote condition monitoring of essential assets.
• Tank level monitoring- any height/shape of tank- gas, liquids, powders, granules.
• Remote meter reading.
• Data plans include multi network SIM cards, data hosting with user-friendly, customisable online viewing & email alarms.
• Stand-alone MetronView data platform or API for simple integration to other software
• Robust and Proven- Tens of thousands of devices in the field globally.
• Devices remotely configurable via MetronView, tested on site using Metron2 integral display. Devices can also be set-up/reconfigured locally using a simple wizard. No programming skills are needed.
• Different power options including mains, solar & battery.
MetronView is also a stand-alone cloud-based datalogger, suited to applications requiring simpler reporting and presentation, with customisable dashboards and bespoke reporting. Data and alerts can be easily viewed on a computer, tablet or phone. MetronView currently processes 2.5 million sensor readings/day and supports over 140 protocols including MODBUS, MQTT, HTTP, TCP, UDP, SERIAL, SIGFOX, SNMP and many more.
Please call us to discuss your application on +44 1827 310 666