Powelectrics Have Developed a Rail Safety Solution in Partnership with the Energy Development Co-Operative
Powelectrics have developed a rail industry solution for the Energy Development Co-Operative. EDC, aka Solar-Wind specialise in the supply of renewable energy technologies for off-grid energy applications. Their stand-alone solar and wind power solutions have been used extensively by the Environment Agency, Councils, water companies, BNFL and wildlife trusts, as well as the rail industry. http://www.solar-wind.co.uk/
In this remote condition monitoring application, Powelectrics’ award-winning Metron2 telemetry devices remotely monitor sensors and connects them to the cloud, ensuring that any issues with battery charge regulators on important safety kit are reported and dealt with as quickly as possible.
Powelectrics ‘connected-sensor’ solution allows measurements to be taken automatically, at user-defined intervals, by a solar-powered Metron2. Solar-powered m2m devices mean that no external power source is required and IP67 weatherproof enclosure (tested in operational temperatures from -25 to +65 °C) ensure they perform robustly, whatever the weather.
Data is reported via the mobile phone network to Powelectrics’ MetronView cloud-based datalogger. Data and alerts can be easily viewed on a computer, tablet or phone. This solution effectively empowers the internet of things to alert relevant personnel if safety equipment is not performing properly, so that appropriate and timely remedial action can be taken.
Powelectrics telemetry is used in a wide range of tank level monitoring and remote condition monitoring applications. Devices are compatible with thousands of sensors offering a 4-20mA output.
- Remote condition monitoring of essential assets.
- Tank level monitoring- any height/shape of tank- gas, liquids, powders, granules.
- Remote meter reading.
- Data plans include multi network SIM cards, data hosting with user-friendly, customisable online viewing & email alarms.
- Stand-alone MetronView platform or API for simple integration to other software
- Robust and Proven- Tens of thousands of devices in the field globally.
- Devices remotely configurable via MetronView, tested on site using Metron2 integral display. Devices can also be set-up/reconfigured locally using a simple wizard. No programming skills are needed.
- Different power options including mains, solar & battery.