Powelectrics Tank Level Telemetry is Building Added Value Into Construction Chemical Supply
Powelectrics has been working with a world leader in speciality construction chemicals to harness the benefits of tank level monitoring. Our customer maintains market dominance by embracing new technologies to create innovative products and offer exceptional customer service. Powelectrics award-winning ‘Metron’ telemetry helps them differentiate themselves and win lucrative contracts, supplying concrete additives to major contractors on prestigious architectural developments and infrastructure projects.
Prior to adopting telemetry, their customers, mainly construction contractors, had to physically check tank levels of essential products. Sometimes checks were missed or done too late, resulting in costly emergency deliveries or run outs. Projects were delayed through lack of material on site, leading to late completion, penalty charges, lost reputation and lost revenue.
Powelectrics telemetry offered a complete ‘connected sensor solution’, removing human error from the process. Tank levels are now read automatically and sent daily via the mobile phone network. Data and alerts can be easily viewed on a computer, tablet or phone.
Powelectrics data collection and viewing platform, MetronView, is a cloud-based datalogger, showing tables and graphs. For bulk delivery and collection applications, Powelectrics have developed an application-specific portal, which also includes theft and leakage alerts and the facility to set thresholds on individual tanks to alert you when tanks are reaching amber and red alert levels. It can even predict when individual tanks will need filling, based on recent usage. These colour-coded sites can be plotted on a map, by postcode, for simple logistics planning. This allows for the timely, logical and efficient scheduling of deliveries, driving down logistics costs and improving customer service. MetronView also has a simple API to draw data into other management and control software.
Panic deliveries and run-outs have been eliminated and customers are secure, knowing they will always have the products they need to deliver their projects on time. Administrative and logistical efficiencies have meant that new contracts can be undertaken, without the need to employ additional staff.
For this project, Powelectrics delivers an end-to-end IIoT solution, providing the hardware, software and data, installation, commissioning and ongoing technical support.
- Installation is simple with sensors simply lowered into tanks. No need to empty them.
- Weatherproof, battery-operated Metron2 telemetry devices are used as mains power is generally unavailable.
- This M2M solution is particularly cost-effective on multi-tank sites, as each Metron2 has four inputs, so only one device and sim card is required to monitor up to four tanks.
- Devices are remotely configured via Powelectrics’ MetronView software and tested on site using Metron2’s integral display. Devices can also be set-up/reconfigured locally using a simple wizard. No programming skills are needed.
- Any size or shape of tank can be accommodated.
- Powelectrics tank level telemetry can remotely monitor liquids, gases, powders and granules.
For more information, or to discuss your m2m tank level monitoring application, please get in touch on +44 (0) 1827 310 666