Water Network Remote Monitoring
By monitoring and controlling the pressure in a water distribution network it is possible to keep leaks to a minimum. The use of a battery telemetry device, such as the Metron2, coupled with easy to integrate telecontrol devices then solutions can be affordable and reliable.
The Remote Water Monitoring solutions we have can also incorporate low power radio telemetry, PSTN, leased line as well GPRS. Simple and proven interfaces to existing PLC (programmable logic controllers) and SCADA systems make system integration quick and easy reducing the total solution cost.
Remote Water Monitoring Benefits
Some of the benefits of our remote water monitoring solutions are:-
- Open Ethernet Communication: PROFINET, Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, IEC60870-5-104
- Open Bus Communication: CANOpen, DEVICEnet, PROFIBUS, BACNet
- Open RS 232 Serial Protocols: Modbus, MEWTOCOL, IEC60870-5-101 and others
- Open RS 485 Protocols: Modbus and others
- Dedicated Protocols: Siemens RK512 3964R, AS511, MIP, Schneider SEAB-1F
- Special Protocols: M-Bus (mainly used for metering in water and energy applications)
- Telecommunication: Analogue Modem, ISDN, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, Internet, Radio Modems
- Small: No telecontrol front-end processor, PLC and communication separated
- Redundant: Two or more communication lines possible
- Compact: Automation, control and logging in one RTU
- Spontaneous: Sending immediately alarms, no polling necessary
- Easy to Integrate
Flexible, expandable solutions with extensive local and remote connectivity options, capable of both discrete I/O as well as different fieldbus interfaces locally, with wide area communications incorpirating telephone lines, private wires, radio and GSM/GPRS communications. Application areas include water and water water, power plants, traffic control, energy distribution, mobile data communications, building management and factory automation.